Thursday 18 March 2010

The Star Wars collection.


Adidas recently bought out a new Star Wars themed range. Now ordinarily if someone told me that I wouldn't be bothered. I don't care for Star Wars and I'm one of those people who would usually call it 'geeky'. But Adidas have managed to give a new twist to something I never would have bought into.

Each item in the range is based on a vehicle, character or scene which is incorporated into the design. My favorite of the one of four featured is the Forum Mid At-At, which I'm told means All Terrain Armoured Transport. But I think they're cool all the same. I love how they've made them look fresh but a bit old school.


Next we have an appearance from the evolution of the Superstar previously mentioned. This one's called Superstar II Star Wars, I like the way the logo is simply printed as a background and not pasted all over like a tacky bit of memorabilia.

Shell toes have always been a favorite of mine, to me they are everything that started my passion. In 1969 the Superstar was introduced as the first low top basketball shoe, and it stays as one of the most iconic designs in history. This particular pair of shell toes have a Stormtroopers theme, who I've found out are soldiers from the Imperial Army.


Next up is the Stormskate Mid Stormtrooper, which are a great variation on the Adidas Mid show. The colours contrast really well and I like the understated trademark stripes on the side. Even for someone who's not into star wars I would definitely own a few pairs of the sneaks on this list, purely because they're a bit different to what you'd find usually up for grabs!


Finally we have The Skywalker version. It comes in bright orange with old school padded ankles and contrasting white. This style is reminiscent of a few old Adidas styles, I think that's why I like it so much. It's a re-vamped shoe that's been injected with some sci-fi geeky-ness, but somehow that works. The outcome... a modernly-classic shoe that looks like it might be worn by a boy in a comic book.



If you click here you can view the full range and take part in the interactive Star Wars experience on the Adidas website.



(Photography Courtesy of adifansnet - Flickr)










No comments:

Post a Comment