Friday 19 March 2010

The Dunk




As I sit here to write this blog I think...'what is the best thing about the Nike Dunk design?'

I think the best thing about this style is the accessibility. It comes in so many different styles, there really is a Dunk for everyone! I love the Elmo design above, it's really fun and gives a cool injection of childishness to a classic design!


Not only do they come in a variety of colours and designs but they do lo-cuts, mid's and high's. I couldn't find a picture to show you of some really cool, high cut, pink Dunk boots, but the link here will take you straight to it! They also come in black but I love the pink and white version, they look like they could be girly boxing boots!


A little bit of Dunk history now, when they first came out they were a technical basketball shoe, Nike say 'What the Dunk really represented was an explosion of colour.' A number of American College basketball teams at the time wore Dunks in their team colours.

I think I can safely conclude by saying the Dunk will always be a classic, there are so many different colour and material combinations that they would be impossible to get bored of! But make sure you check out those pink boots!

(Photography Courtesy of antonyhollingworth, Noel back in Zurich and azritt - Flickr)

1 comment:

  1. Aww Dunks are my faaaaaave n lovin' the elmo customs!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete